Introduction to the course
This course introduces a more in depth look into the science of human behavior. The focus of this course is to develop and guide the student to pursue his/her career in psychology on the basis of their specialization. The biological, psychodynamic, cognitive, behavioural and social approaches towards psychology are studied. This course is for those students who wish to acquire an understanding of psychology as a science, and the contributions of psychologists both western and Indian in the understanding of human behaviour.
What are the learning outcomes?
• Students can learn to become more self aware and self confident, they will learn how to interact with others and develop skill of competency
• Students can identify the different approaches to study human behavior and how this knowledge can be used to explain, predict, and influence behavior.
• Students will develop a critical and scientific attitude and will learn to empirically analyze and utilize the data in lifestyle settings.
• They will develop the skill of communication, for personal resource management and to take the responsibility for the desired quality of life and healthy adjustment with reality.
• They will be able to deal the psychiatric patients as efficient professionals
• Internship in Organization / Industry will help them to become a proficient HR personnel or organizational psychologist.
• They will learn how to do research and how to write a dissertation on a topic of their interest.
• The course will create an inquisitiveness in the students which lead them to pursue their Ph.D in Psychology
Emotions in everyday life, cognitive processes, Applied Psychometry, Paradigms of psychology, psychopathology, Clinical psychopathology, basics of counseling, Psychotherapeutic approaches Organizational Work life, Management Perspectives, Human Resource Management & Development
• Clinical Psychology
• Organizational Behaviour
Lab Infrastructure (if applicable)
Well-established Psychology Laboratory, with advanced neuropsychological tests, personality tests, IQ tests and others which are required to develop a holistic knowledge regarding psychometric assessment.
• Internship in Government and Private Hospitals
• Research work – Dissertation following APA format
Placement & Career Opportunities / Research Opportunities
HR person in organization
Researcher at various research institute with fellowships (JRF & SRF)
In Govt. Sector
In different NGOs as Psychologists
50% overall in Graduation in with respective subject