The vision of the Department of History is to encourage, motivate and nurture students through the advanced curriculum and provide them a rich academic ambience. Our carefully curated course will help students stood first both in academics and competitive job market.
The department of History has started its journey in 2015 from School of Liberal Arts and Culture Studies, Adamas University, Kolkata. It is a composite departmnet teaching varied courses in Indian history, Non-Indian history giving emphasis to emerging areas like social history, intellectual history and subaltern history. The department of History unanimously persuaded multifaceted terrain of research.
Excellent faculty members with wide range of specializations (Ancient History, Medieval History, Modern History, Textual Interpretation, Study of Buddhism, Modern Entangled History, Interdisciplinary Research and Liberal Arts, Tribal Studies, Food History, History of Bengal.)
- Excellent infrastructure: well-equipped classroom and state of the art Library with large collection reference and text books.
- Online international journal access.(Jstor)
- Up-to-date syllabus and course materials.
- Special care for advanced, as well as, slow learners.
- Special one-to-one teacher student interaction through Mentor-mentee program.
- Regular sessions/ distinguished lecturers by stalwarts from academia and industry.
- Strong placement cell and guidance by experienced RICE teachers particularly for Government Jobs
- Internship opportunities in reputed research organizations and NGOs.
- Co-curricular activities like international and national conferences.
- Extra-curricular club activities (like Robotics Club, Environment Club, Entrepreneurship Club, Writer’s Club, Photography Club and many more…)
- A 100 acre lush-green campus with wonderful ambience.