The School of Liberal Arts and Culture Studies at Adamas University offers an insightful, research focused, modern curriculum that aims to inculcate within students’ ideas ranging from classical to post-human studies. The curriculum is designed to educate students who will contribute to the holistic development of the society, with a special emphasis on critical thinking, empathy and global awareness.
About The School
The School of Liberal Arts and Culture Studies takes pride in offering a curriculum fulfilling the requirements of both academia and industry. It seeks to establish a inter and multidisciplinary research driven temperament within the students from an early stage of their career.
Regular dialogue between eminent professors of the academia and leading thinkers with students is facilitated through career enhancing seminars, conferences, workshops, internships, projects, educational tours, entrepreneurial and skill development platforms. Our school follows an advanced course curriculum (guided by UGC CBCS policy & outcome-based education) specially designed to be one of the pioneers in the field of liberal studies in India.
Fostering excellence, shaping the conversation about higher education, and nurturing new age leaders and social technocrats, who are resourceful problem solvers, constructing and respecting a culturally diverse, technologically advanced, and globally conscious community, and enabling the enactment of a new paradigm for liberal education that retains the proven values of a broad education while imparting career-oriented skills.
- To promote inclusive education to inculcate excellence in academic innovation with extensive professionalism through career-oriented but merged with mainstream studies.
- To offer resourceful educational practices that moulds the evolving new generation towards academic direction under the advocates of liberal learning.
- To inculcate research mind among them and to acquaint them with interdisciplinary knowledge that matches the global economic orientation.
- To ensure the acquisition of skills essential for a professionally equipped career.
- Capable of critically visualizing the issues and look for logical analysis through the development of creatively and communicative skills among the new age youth trained up to work as a social being, handling the issues and problems through their technocratic culture. The future professionals and the problem solver.
- A creative Researcher, a regiment of academically oriented future trainer and problem solver with enormous sports and spirit, a problem-solving future generation.
- First School for Liberal Arts in Eastern part of India
- Only School in Eastern part of country with 4-year Under Graduate and 5-year Post Graduate Program with multiple exit options in line with NEP (National Education Policy).
- Unique inter and multi-disciplinary subject (major-minor) combinations with a blend of track specialization to augment critical thinking, complex problem solving and innovation for impact and change.
- Internship and capstone opportunity in premier institutions in India and abroad.
- Opportunity for holistic development of student through the right mix of subjects laced with innovative projects mentored by industry experts.
Prof. (Dr.) Shauli Mukherjee
With a purposeful career in the education space spanning over more than 20 years, Dr. Shauli Mukherjee has dedicated her life towards promotion of child-centric and activity-oriented education. A passionate educationist and a global thought leader with a background of setting up and leading new age K- 12 schools, Dr. Mukherjee had been the Founder Principal of Adamas World School and STEM World School, the first STEM school in West Bengal. Under her inspiring leadership, STEM World School has been ranked and awarded as the 2nd best International Day School in West Bengal by Education World. Dr. Mukherjee ardently believes that the purpose of meaningful education is to develop lifelong learners, creative thinkers and responsible global citizens who are confidently equipped to face the challenges of an uncertain and constantly unfolding future. All through her career in education, Dr. Mukherjee had actively contributed to and spearheaded the process of creating a personalized, engaging and stress-free curriculum for children of all age groups. She has been the recipient of numerous awards and accolades including NATIONAL QUALITY EXCELLENCE AWARD, GEM OF INDIA AWARD, SARVEPALLI RADHAKRISHNAN AWARD, GURUPNISHAD SAMMAN, GURUVARYA SAMMAN, NATIONAL EDUCATION LEADERSHIP AWARD in the category of commitment to excellence in education, (to name a few), WORLD PEACE AWARD. She has also been awarded for being among INDIA’S TOP 50 WOMEN LEADERS IN THE EDUCATION INDUSTRY & TOP 20 REVOLUTIONARY EDUCATION LEADERS by the Academic Council of ULektz. She is associated with premiere educational organizations across India as well as globally in senior advisory capacity. She is also recognized among 99 WOMEN ACHIEVERS OF INDIA FOR THE YEAR 2021. As an internationally acclaimed inspirational speaker, she is regularly invited to numerous national and international conferences, universities, summits, conclaves and events to share her insights on the futuristic and transformative role of education.
Study Specialized and New Generation Programs
- The school has been able to innovate and design a futuristic Liberal Studies program which is premised on core learning in the major, enhancing understanding of application of the core knowledge in the field and build capacities for application for problems solving. This triple helix rests on profound foundation basket.
- There is a continuous effort and endeavour on the part of the faculty member to research and publish in international journal of high repute with high impact factor
- The faculty members at the School received research grant and fellowship in the year 2022
- Apart from regular teaching learning the school encourage, engagements of students and faculty together on the research project. Recently, the school launched Centre for Study of Contemporary Theory and Research under the leadership of Dean, SoLACS.
Student of SoLACS have been involved in capstone project and internships. Several students were provided with PPOs after they successfully completed their internship with some of the reputed organisation and industries
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
|Sr. no.||Amount Received||Grant received by||Funding Agency|
|Asst. Prof. Jitendra Nayak||ICSSR, JNU, 2022|
|2||Research Seminar grant
|Asst. Prof. Jitendra Nayak||SICI Shastri Indo Canada Research Grant of 25 thousand in collaboration with JNU New Delhi, March 2022|
|3||20,000/||Rimi Nandy||Bucknell University Summer Institute Fellowships.|
From Our Blog
What our students say
I am Sohom Bhattacharyya, a pass out student of BA Political Science Honours with specialization in International Relations, Adamas University, batch 2018-2021. I am currently pursuing my MA in Political science from St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata. The journey with Adamas University has been a splendid one with wonderful faculties, best in-class experience and the beautiful 120 acres green campus. I am overwhelmed to state that I have graduated from Adamas University being the Class Topper as well as a Silver Medalist. read more
MD ASHRAF UL HABIB passed M.A. International Relations in 2021 , presently working as Head of Operation and Business Development, Mridha International Corporation, Bangladesh. The most incredible part of Adamas University is the way it embraces the students to fulfil the dreams of both students and the parents. Moreover, the university doesn’t only believe in theoretical knowledge rather it helps to develop the reciprocal skills of a students to prepare himself for the corporate level. Adamas University lights up the candle of knowledge for the devotees of learners and also drives the students to explore the society through the knowledge it disseminates. read more
I am Rini Wesley and currently pursuing Master’s in Political Science (specialization in International Relations) from School of Liberal Arts and Cultural Studies, Adamas University.
Adamas University provides immense opportunities to participate actively in academics and extra-curricular activities. I have a brilliant and motivated faculty members who not only focus on student’s academic growth but also on holistic progress. The working relationship between faculty members and student is very cordial. I am glad to be part of SOLACS, Adamas University. read more
I am Anchal Jhunjhunwala and I pursued my M.A. Psychology from Adamas University in the year of 2018-2020. No difficulties for me, everything was exactly right, starting from the classes to the support the faculties provided endlessly. Always had valuable feedback after handing in assignments with some great advice attached. I really enjoyed doing the 2-year course, it gave me a world of knowledge and it was a fun learning experience overall. Then I decided to embark on this journey again by pursuing Ph.D in psychology from the same university, and it has been almost 1.5 years that I am pursuing it, just thankful for all the assistance and support I get from my supervisor and the entire faculty team, it has been delightful and very gratifying and I am sure it will continue to be so in the future. read more
As an experience, I would like to mention that it has been a great journey for me being a student of Adamas University, I have belonged to the Department of Psychology, the most beautiful classmates, great faculty, well established laboratory, engaging library & have enjoyed the vibe of the huge campus altogether. The university has organized field-related workshops, internships, and training programs to aid the students’ academic achievement, which has benefitted me. Lastly, I would like to wish well to my juniors for their future endeavors. read more
I am currently pursuing MSc. in Psychology from Adamas University. I had done my schooling from Adamas International School, Belgharia and my under graduation from Adamas university itself. The main thing that drew me back to this institution is the well-equipped psychology laboratory, it has all the updated apparatus required both for the under graduation as well as postgraduation. The faculty members are exceptionally helpful and friendly. They act as our torch bearer of knowledge who inspired me in every moment of my life, in academics and beyond. We have a very updated course structure especially designed for grooming our outlook towards the current affairs. My school and my university helped me in guiding my future in a correct path till date. I am always proud to be an Adamite and cannot thank my institution enough for shaping the person I am today. read more
‘Great experience from Adamas University! One gets a lot of opportunities here. I received many awards for singing and also Chancellor’s award for the pursuing education. It was a wonderful experience learning from best faculties and trained teachers who helped me understand the subject.’ read more
‘It was my immense luck and fortune to be part of History department at Adamas University. The entire faculties and university leaves no stone unturned to shape one/my future. My three years at Adamas have been wonderful and really helpful.’ read more
‘My experience at Adamas University is great and memorable. The mentors in Department helped us enhance my knowledge and academic skills. I am thankful to training and placement cells for providing a platform to showcase my strengths and understand my weaknesses.’ read more
FOR ANY QUESTIONS DROP US A LINE
Get in touch with our academic counsellors to get in-depth knowledge about our courses and plan a visit to the School and campus. Drop in an enquiry and we will get back to you.