The 2 years postgraduate programme in History includes all courses in accordance with UGC guidelines. It cnsists of courses on Indian History, European History and also offers a basket of Elective and Specialised papers. The MA programme also trains the students in writing dissertations.
1. The Masters programme trains the student in developing an in-depth understanding of history.
2. The student will be prepared for exams like NET and academic teaching positions.
3. The MA dissertation course trains the student for further research like MPhil and PhD.
4. The students are also trained in proposal writing and other skills for applying for further research abroad.
50% overall in Graduation in with respective subject
Admission to the course will take place in terms of the Admission Notification issued by the University every year before the commencement of the academic session. Selection for admission to the course will be based on the eligibility criteria, performance in the admission test and also on the policy of reservation, if any, as indicated in the admission notification
Summer School / Winter School / Projects
Summer School in Different International Universities/ Internship in Various NGOs and Corporate Organizations
2. Civil Services and other government jobs.
3. Research positions at various Social Science research institutes.
4. NGO jobs and social activism.
5. Jobs at media houses, art history magazines.
6. Further research like MPhil and PhD.