1. Introduction to the course
In PG course (M.A in Bengali Language & Literature), students will receive a training of research based academic writing. The Programme focuses on the literary knowledge in order to encourage the students to think independently on the various streams of Bengali literature. Students will also receive applied training of some field work in folklore and Literature, Punthi, Prokashonaand story writing in Bengali newspaper
2. What are the learning outcomes?
• They will develop writing skill.
• They will be taught to write research dissertations.
• Intensive knowledge in various perspectives of Bengali Language & Literature.
• Students will go through seminars and workshops to understand the impact of Bengali in outside world.
• They will be more efficient for competitive examinations equivalent to NET/SET.
3. Subjects covered:
This course covers subjects likeBengali Linguistics, History of Bengali Language & Literature, Computer Application in Bengali Language & Literature, Soft Skills, Folklore and Folk Literature, Bengali Drama, Research Methodology,Bengali Stories and Novels, Study of Bengali Articles, Modern Bengali Poetry, Eastern and Western Literary Theories, Introduction to Bengali Media Studies etc.
The course offers some specializations like Folklore and literature, Tagore Literature, Literature of Bangladesh, Shishu Sahitya, Kavya-Kavita and Katha sahitya, Bengali Drama etc.
5. Internships/Project work
6. Placement & Career Opportunities / Research Opportunities
• Knowledge and expertise in the field of Bengali Language and Literature help students to explore their careers in many spheres.
• Students can use this knowledge for careers in academic areas or in News media and Publishing houses. They are also prepared for WBCS, IAS, SSC, NET/SET etc. The course structure is designed in a way that covers the entire syllabus.
• The students can opt for teaching career in college and universities after qualifying NET/SET.
• The students who are interested for further research can join our Ph.D. Programme directly, or can pursue their research elsewhere in India or abroad.
• They can also look for jobs in many newspapers or in any media as journalists or content writers.
50% overall in Graduation in with respective subject