Introduction to the course
B.A(Honours) in Political Science with specialization in International Relations & Public Administration. The purpose of the Course is to enable the students who have completed their 10+2 courses at the School Level to gather knowledge on the subject with the specialization of their likings.
Importance of the course
• Those taking admission in Political Science will come up as a student with Political Science Honours Graduate. They can proceed for postgraduate course in Political Science as soon as they complete B.A. Honours in Political Science .
• The students have the scope for taking the honours course with specialization in International Relations, Public Administration at the graduation level.
• There is also the scope for horizontal extension of their academic career by entering in to the Post graduate courses in Political Science with specialization in International Relations and Public Administration in Adamas University.
• The present course offers the scope to the students to opt for Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) in their degree course as well as for Post Graduate Courses. Offering the course at the PG level is one of the Innovative Programmes offered by Adamas University.
The learning outcomes
• The students have the scope for entering into various competitive examinations both at the State as well as at the National level. Say for example WBCS and the other State services of their choice. Also they can appear for IAS /IPS and IFS services as according to their choice
• Course Curriculum proposed by the Department of Political Science prepares to take up professional careers in Law, Politics, Teaching, Journalism, Government Services
• The provision for Compulsory Internship of the students of Political Sciences in Corporate Sectors as well as in the Private Sectors. The skill development training offered by the Government enable them to involve entrepreneurship, provided the students are interested to involve in.
• Internship with Human Rights Commission ,NITI Ayog in Municipal Corporation also opens up the opportunities to the students to involve in Government employment after the completion of graduation from the University,
• The provision for Regular Presentation and Workshop help them to learn communication skills to attract public with their style of presentation
• The students are also have the opportunity to take up Professional Studies according to their interest.
• Enlightening the students for academic excellence through students exchange programme
• Experts from recognized Institutions from India and abroad to provide special Lecture to the students.
• National/International Seminars, Conferences and Workshops organized on regular basis to provide exposure to the students
• Mentorship by the Faculties
• Department of Political Science has collaboration with the Japanese consulate .Hence the venture has also enabled the students to enrol in Japanese Language Teacher`s Programme. They can also involve in student`s exchange Program with the Japanese Government.
50% overall in 10+2 with respective subjects
Qualifying in Adamas University Admission Test (AUAT)
Summer School / Winter School / Projects
Summer School in Different International Universities/ Internship in Various NGOs and Corporate Organizations.